BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

The excitement builds...


I have been working for the past 5 months with a local artist by the name of Ira Provost. He is an Aboriginal man who has created an album of educational songs about the history of the Blackfoot Nation. This week the album was completed.

I did all the background vocals (with the exception of two songs) and all keyboard work. I love this album. It has a great sound (sort of blue rodeo with a Native influence) and a wonderful story. The artwork on the cover of the album was created by Ira's daughter, Miracle. She used makeup as her medium! It's a beautiful picture of Chief Mountain.

We will be performing 5 songs from the album on June 21 at Galt Gardens in Lethbridge for Aboriginal Day. This is really exciting as many of us worked on this album, but most of us have never met! We had our first practise session last night which went really well. We have two more before the concert. Hopefully we have good weather as the concert is outside!

If you're interested in hearing some bits of what's on the album, or if you're interested in buying one, click on Ira's name at the beginning of this post. It will take you to my producer's site where there are links to listen to parts of the songs. There is also contact information if you would like to purchase a copy.

So check it out! Sit back and enjoy some easy listening music. I know I will be!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations on the completion of a 5 month project! Wow! For some reason the links didn't work (to listen to the music). I have Quicktime but it just sort of sat there on the screen and didn't want to load. Maybe I'll try again on a different computer. I have 3 of them so one's gotta work! ha

The artwork on the cover of the album is beautiful. I can't believe she used makeup! Awesome!

Michele said...

The same thing happened to me the first time I tried to listen. I closed out the site, went back in and then it worked...maybe give that a try. Ira said he's actually been working on this project for the last 4 years so it's been a long timing coming for him! 5 months doesn't seem like much in comparison. Anyway...hope it works for you!

Michele said...

One more side note...I believe that Miracle is only 13 years old. Amazing work for someone so young!

Jobina said...

I didn't really pay attention to the words (cause I was listening for harmonys and keyboards), but I thought the music's pretty good. I love his guitar playing, maybe he could do some work for you! It was neat to hear you singing in the background, I can imagine that the concert's going to be great, there's nothing like singing live!

Stacey said...

Oh Michele I finally got to listen to the tracks on the album! You sound BEAUTIFUL!!! It was so neat to listen and to be able to hear your distinctive voice just like that! I'd know that voice anywhere! :) I really liked, from what I heard, the song "I'll Live" (?) I was going to go back to the web site to make sure I got the name right but the page won't load at all right now. Anyway, just wanted to pop in again and let you know I listened. And again, congratulations! I bet the live concert will be great!

Michele said...

We're actually not doing that one in this concert which is too bad cause it's one of my favs as well. We are doing Blackfoot Sky, Watch Over Me, Land of the Blind, Rewriting Duncan, and Mother and Me. I got some really positive feedback from a fellow pianist who plays for another local artist today so that was nice. So far so good...here's hoping it sells, then I'll get paid!