BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Is it really the end of June?!?!

I have had a crazy couple of weeks! I had the opportunity to perform live with Ira for Aboriginal Day here in Lethbridge (thanks for watching my kids for me, Mom...I couldn't have performed if you hadn't been here!). I was able to spend an evening coaching a group of local teens in stage performance, vocals and keyboards. They performed for the STARS benefit this afternoon and did a great job! I've been writing like crazy trying to finish up the songs for my album. In the meantime Declan has completed grade one near the top of his class and Rowan is still busy being the "royal" of the house! I'm working full time for an architect in town and John has gone down to part time with Safeway. It's a loooong story. I don't think I'll get into it. At any rate, I'm basically busy from 7am - 1am between work, studio time, practise, and kids. At some point, John and I really need to take a break, I just don't know when that will happen. I'm praying for a free weekend in July to whisk him away for a little couple time. Hopefully that will hold us for a little while.

Gotta run...more to do! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Elayne said...

You make me dizzy girl!! That is WAY too much activity for one person!
Let me know when you need a break. After next weekend I can free up to take the kids.
CONGRATULATIONS Declan! You did a great job in grade one this year!! Have a FUN summer before you start grade 2!!
Love, Nana & Papa

Jobina said...

I'm with Mom, that schedule makes me dizzy too! Snatch all those little moments of couple time that you can, even 5 or 10 minutes here and there, it helps keep you sane. Way to go Declan for finishing so well! School is hard work, but when you keep working at it, it makes you such a wonderful person! We love you lots!
Uncle Mark and Auntie Jobina

Michele said...

Thanks Mom. I'll get back to you on that. I think we'll wait until we get that cheque in the mail and see if we can't take a little bit of that and get out of town for a weekend. It's much needed...for both of us.

P.S. Declan loved the notes from his Nana, Papa, Uncle Mark and Auntie Jobina! He's feeling pretty proud of himself these days!

Stacey said...

Top of his class! Wow that is fantastic! Congratulations Declan.

Oh my Michele, I work those hours too but I can't IMAGINE doing it with kids and a husband!!! My hat goes off to you! I hope the "mini break" comes real soon!