BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthdays and Anniversaries...

Today is a double great day. It's my Mom's birthday and my Parent's wedding anniversary. My Mom is one lady who has aged gracefully. Like fine wine...she just gets better every year! I think she's more beautiful now than when she was younger. I think she's wiser than she was as well. Could it be I think these things because I'm older? Yes, that could be. Every kid goes through that stage where they are convinced their parents know nothing. As you get older you realize your parents know what they're talking about and you should listen!



My parents have a wonderful marriage. I have been blessed to be able to watch them be the mushy, lovey dovey, so cute it almost makes you sick kind of couple. Yes, they really do chase each other around the house like a couple of honeymooners...my friends thought that was odd. I just thought it was normal. I was surprised to find out other married couples didn't act like my parents. It wasn't a strange event to walk in the door after school to find Mom and Dad smooching it up in the kitchen. I would always say, "ewwww! stop that!!!" but what I meant was "MORE!!! I LOVE IT!!!". It was great to have parents who truly loved each other and were never afraid to show it! They are a beautiful pair and I am one lucky daughter to have them.

So happy birthday Mom!!! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! I hope you have a day that's even better than you could dream of cause you deserve the very best! I love you both!!!

1 comments:

Elayne said...

What a sweet tribute, Michele! Yeah, we've almost worn out some flooring chasing each other around the kitchen table, it's true! Everybody should keep some "kid" in them all of their lives....it helps keep us young. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!
It's been a great week of celebrating. I'll do a post on my blog about it.
Love,
Mom