BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Declan...

My Darling Boy, Declan. I remember the day you were born. I remember holding you for the very first time. You were tiny and perfect in every way. You had beautiful long eyelashes (you still have those!) and blue eyes. You had the most precious face I had ever seen. Your Dad called you a genius that first day. He has bragged about you constantly ever since!

You have always been an empathetic person...so sensitive to the emotions of people around you. You are always willing and eager to help people who need you. You have a beautiful heart. You are a perfectionist (like your Mother!). You have a laugh that sounds like it comes from the very pit of you. I have loved watching you grow.

I remember when you asked Jesus to come and live in your heart. You prayed like it was a conversation! You said, "Jesus, would you please forgive my sin and come live in my heart? You will?! Ok. " I couldn't help but smile. Your prayers are awesome! I love listening to you talk to Jesus! When you read your Bible, I am filled with pride and joy in knowing that Jesus is with you and helping you to grow a little more like Him every day.

You are the most coordinated kid I have ever met! Riding a bike...rollerblading...these things came so easy for you, I could almost believe that you were born with those abilities! You have such a talent for sports...music (you have a great ear)...reading...I am constantly amazed by your talents! I am so proud of what you've achieved!

I prayed a long time ago that God would show me what my first child would look like. He showed me a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes and I know now that He was showing me a picture of you! God chose you to be a part of this family long before you were ever created. He knew that one day I would get pregnant and that the baby I carried would be that blonde haired, blue eyed boy of my dreams. I thank God every day for the wonder that is you!

I love you, Declan, but even more than that, I really really like you! You are a great person to hang out with and talk to. I love to hear what goes on in that head of yours!

Today you turned 8 years old. It's hard to believe that much time has passed already. At the same time, it feels like you've been here forever! Every year I find out more about you and every year I see a little more how blessed I am to be your Mom.

Happy Birthday Declan! May you grow a little taller, a little wiser, and a little closer to Jesus every day. God bless you, Sunshine!!!

Love, Mom.

2 comments:

Jobina said...

Ok, now I can hardly see my keyboard...that was beautiful Michele! I wrote in Declan's card too that I remember holding him when he was a baby and now here he is, 8 years old!!! It's hard to believe.
I hope the party was awesome and lots of fun!

Elayne said...

Ditto! Where's the BIG box of tissue?!!
That is such an amazing expression of love! I still remember the first time I saw Declan, right after he was born. I picked him up and he felt so "at home" in my arms and has ever since. I love how he comes to me to give and receive hugs. He is growing up into a very sweet and wonderful little man!! I love you Declan!
PS...stay safe on that skateboard!!