BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

P.S. I love you...

My wonderful, energetic parents have taken my children. It all started when I got a call on Monday night from my Mom who promptly informed me that she wanted to whisk my little ones away for a few days. I told her I would gift wrap them for her! On Wednesday afternoon, my children were packed in her car and taken away. Today is Friday and though I miss my kids, I'm so happy I had this time away from them. John and I had our 7th wedding anniversary Wednesday night. We've eaten out every night since the kids left. We talk alot, we sleep alot! It's been great. Tonight John had to work so I did what any wife with no kids in the house would do. I went shopping, bought a great top, got some vietnamese food to go, and rented an awesome movie.

For those of you who've never seen P.S. I love you...run to the nearest video store and pick it up! There are times when you will laugh until vietnamese noodles come out your nose...there are other times when your heart will break and you'll cry while you squeeze the life out of your cat. The movie is about a young woman who's huband dies of a brain tumour. Before he dies, he writes her letters with instructions of things she must do. He ends every letter with P.S. I love you. This story is her journey through those letters. It's beautiful, heart wrenching, hilarious, and lovely. I will be buying this movie the next time I get to a store!

So if you ever find yourself alone with nothing to do...follow my lead! Go shopping, get some take out, and rent a great movie. I know I enjoyed myself!

4 comments:

Elayne said...

...it was good to see for myself the restful looks on both your faces today when we brought the kids back. Hope the rest lasts for many days to come!!
OK, now I'm going to SLEEP!! Ha!

Jay Boaz said...

Though PS I Love You didn't do well with the critics, I found I enjoyed it a lot. Sarah and I saw it at the theatre and I admit I'm tempted to buy it! :)

Jay

Stacey said...

"laugh until vietnamese noodles come out your nose" That sounds interesting! Gotta see the movie! ha! I'll grab a box of kleenex too! Thanks for the recommendation.

Jobina said...

that one is on my list of "movies to rent when Mark is out of the house". I may just have to add some salad roll take out to it! glad to hear you got a rest!