BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spring..err.....Fall....Cleaning...

I took a look around my house yesterday and realized that my family has a severe problem. We keep everything!!! If we replace something old and broken, we keep the old and broken thing as well as the thing we've replaced it with. It was getting ridiculous!! So yesterday I put my foot down and made some changes. In our living room, we had an old broken TV and a new TV, an old nasty couch and a newer couch, an old TV stand and a better TV stand, so I gave away what I could (can you believe my neighbor wanted my old broken TV?) and chucked the nasty couch, and the old TV stand. I washed my carpet and the walls. I can't believe the ROOM I have now! We can actually move without bumping into things! I did the same thing to the kitchen last weekend. Next weekend I'm going to tackle the upstairs. I've decided that this will be my Saturday gig for the next little while till every room has been purged. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to simplify things before my surgery or because our house really is that bad, but it feels good to redecorate with a minimalist attitude. It seems that the kids like it too...they seem much more comfortable and today Declan said, "Mom, this is WAYYYY better than the last room!".

But today is Sunday and a day of rest...no more cleaning for me today. Today I think about my Lord and Saviour who has blessed me abundantly. He has given me more than I could ask or think...Eternal life (what a gift!!), good health, a home, children, a husband, a good job, a music career...life abundant! I am so thankful.

What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

Elayne said...

Isn't it great to set aside a whole day to just enjoy the blessings! God is SO GOOD!
I've been purging my house too. It feels great!

Jobina said...

I'm mentally purging but not doing a lot of physical purging...maybe this week :)
What did I do, let's see. On saturday the kids and I cleaned at home during the morning, then after lunch we walked to the mall. We hung out in Chapters and a few other stores that the kids like then took the bus home, made pizza and watched Milo and Otis. Today we went to church, hung out at home, tidied up, went for a walk, ate spaghetti, then after the kids went to bed Mark and I played Carcassonne. Basically a dream weekend!

Stacey said...

I purged my closet on Saturday with wreckless abandon! (to clothing) You don't fit? You haven't been worn in two years? Out with you!!

Purging, once you finally have the guts to do it, is like coming clean. What a great feeling!

Enjoy!