BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back...

Well, here's how my first week of recovery went. I got home last Thursday. Declan starting throwing up Thursday night. Friday he was a little off but was well on the mend by Saturday. Saturday night Rowan spent the entire night puking. Sunday morning John started throwing up and by Sunday afternoon it was my turn. Yuck.

God bless my Mom who took Rowan on Monday and kept her until Wednesday to allow me to rest. I felt great by the time she dropped Rowan off on Wednesday, so much so that without hardly thinking, I scooped up my daughter as she came running into my arms and gave her hugs and kisses to welcome her home. Stupid stupid stupid.

I am absolutely not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds for at least 6 weeks. I paid for that mistake today. I woke up and was in terrible pain. My pelvis felt like it was on fire and my insides were as raw as hamburger. I thought I was in real trouble. I called my doctor and asked to see him asap. I told him what happened and he decided to check and make sure I hadn't ripped anything.

It turns out my pain was mainly attributed to a vaginal post-op infection. Oh yay. I'm on two different types of antibiotics to try and clear this infection - 6 pills per day. Some to be taken with food, some without. It will be 36 hours before I feel any better. I'm glad that I went in, and in a way, I'm glad I lifted Rowan because if I hadn't done that, I probably would have tried to ride out the pain instead of getting it checked. At least this way we can get on top of this infection before it becomes a real problem.

On the house front, we meet with the bank on Monday to finalize our mortgage. We should have final approval from our bank's head office by Wednesday which is good because our deadline is the 15th. I drove past our new place yesterday with my Mom and low and behold, the walls are up! I can't believe how fast these guys work! The roof should be next so I'm expecting they will have our place locked up before too long.

So many things to do in the meantime and I feel like there's just not enough time for everything. I have some of my Christmas shopping done but not all of it and absolutely no energy to do it either. I haven't put up one decoration. I keep consoling myself with the notion that next year will be different. Next year I shall decorate my new home and have people to my house for dinner and everything will be wonderful...please Lord, let it be.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me and kept in contact with me through this. Surgery is never fun but it has been great to talk to family and friends when I'm feeling especially gross. God bless you all this Christmas season!

6 comments:

Elayne said...

What part of DO NO PICK UP THE BABY didn't you understand Wonder Woman?!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah wonder woman, you told me not to even think about lifting anything at all, and what did you do? Be careful and do what you are told!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele said...

Oy vey, now I'm being ganged up on! Ollie, I forgot to thank you for feeding my son when the thought of food was enough to make me retch. You are an awesome friend, girl.

Jobina said...

So this weekend just sleep, and then sleep some more. Then lie around a bit, have a nap, lie around some more... you get the picture! Enjoy your quiet house!

Elayne said...

YEAH! What she said!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!! I agree and I will be WATCHING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do NOT LIFT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!