BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rowan turns 4...


Four years ago I was induced into labour and gave birth to our daughter, Rowan. She was stunning right from the start. She had eyelashes that looked like fairy wings, they were so delicate. She had beautiful eyes and loved to be held. Rowan had a rough start to life. She was born with a hole in her lung which meant having to stay in NICU for 3 days. It was hard watching her try and breathe under an oxygen helmet. I couldn't hold her, I couldn't make anything easier for her... I could hold her hand, talk to her, and pray.


Now I have a vibrant, beautiful, strong, funny, brilliant 4 year old daughter. She is full of life and laughter. She loves dressing up and being a princess. She is all girl (much to my chagrin, I was tom boy all the way!). She loves barbies, she loves to sing and dance and draw. She is quick to say I love you and if a kiss and a hug is what will make you smile, she will be the first one to give you those things.


I always said that God wouldn't be so mean as to subject some poor little girl to having me as a mother. Because I'm not really interested in girly type things, (I didn't play with dolls or barbies when I was growing up. When I was Rowan's age I asked for a calculator for Christmas!) I didn't think I would suit being a mother to a girl. Since the day Rowan was born, I have been grateful that I was wrong. I LOVE dressing her up and taking her places. I love talking to her and playing with her and finding out what's going on in her head! My Mom told me that she waited 31 years for me to play with dolls...who would have thought that it would be a live one that I'd be playing with!


Rowan, you have added so much light into my life. I love your sunshine personality and your desire to make sure your friends and family know that they are loved. I love watching you grow and change and try new things. I love your no-fear attitude and have overcome many of my own fears from following your example. When I ask you who loves you, your first reply is always, "Jesus" and it fills me with joy that you are so certain of God's love for you at such an early age. Happy birthday my sweet girl...I love you!!!


8 comments:

Elayne said...

What a BEAUTIFUL tribute to that sweet little girl of yours! I love how appreciative Rowan is of anything you give her. When she opened the card from us at the party before she opened her gift she clutched it to her little chest and tearfully whispered "OH, that's the BEST present EVER!" She is beautiful inside and out and love her to pieces!!
We are so thrilled she has YOU for her Mommy!

Jobina said...

I looked through the pics on Facebook, boy did that ever look like fun! Great birthday party idea!
Just goes to show that God knows us so much better than we think we know ourselves, doesn't it? He knew that you'd love having a girl!
Happy, Happy Birthday Rowan!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

deepu said...

happy birthday rowan

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Idle Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, Console Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them at Blazing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

[... ] is one must read source of tips on this subject[...]
http://homeinsurance.cheap-quotes.info/

Anonymous said...

Hello friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON

gucci bags said...

Happy biresday !
send you a
chanel
louis vuitton
gucci handbags
chanel bags