BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back at Sun Life...

So I started a new "day job" journey returning to my roots at Sun Life this week. I'm starting in a new department so now I will be taking calls and handling paperwork for the Individual Life Insurance Department. I have 7 weeks of intense training in front of me. In that time, I will complete 12 assignments, 12 closed book exams (must get a 90% average and I'm only allowed 1 retake through the entire training time) and many many hours of mentoring time and case work studies. Today was the first day that I started panicking. I love the training Sun Life provides and I feel confident in their ability to teach me, I'm just not sure how confident I am in my ability to learn! We did our first two rounds of Computer Based Training (CBT's) today and I had totally forgotten how much information was in those crazy courses! I felt like my brain would explode after the first one! There are 10 more of these?!?! Aack!

On the up side, it was great to see some familiar faces again and be welcomed back by people I have missed dearly. I've also gotten to know some new faces which has been a lot of fun so far. There are a total of 7 students in my class...a big change from the 23 I had the first time I did this! There have been some changes at Sun Life and I'm looking forward to seeing some new computer systems and working with some new policies and procedures. It should be a lot of fun!

Stay tuned to find out how I'm doing with all this crazy studying ahead of me! And now...back to the books!!!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like a challenge! Good luck to you with the training although I'm sure you'll do great.