BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sign on the dotted line...

That's right...Brad and I have finally hashed out the details of my contract and I have signed it. It feels so good to get that done and out of the way. Now I can really concentrate on actually MAKING my music! Without going into a lot of detail, I have signed on with him for the next 6 years. We are hoping to get 3 CD's made in that time. There will be concerts and tours and the hope is that a larger label will want to sign me by the time my contract with Brad is complete. I feel really good about the terms that we have agreed to and I'm looking forward to some interesting experiences and challenges in the years ahead. I'm glad we took our time getting all the details settled, it made for a better contract. It helps that I know a little more about the business now. So, I guess that you can now say I am an Indie Label Recording Artist. Sounds weird to me still, but I guess I'll get used to it.

I laid in another scratch track last night. That's 7 songs down and 5 more to write. Woo hoo! I was starting to feel pressured to finish up writing my songs but Brad, true to his calm producer type style, assurred me that there is no rush. We have set April 15, 2009 as the date we would like this album to be completed. This is a good thing as there is still so much work to do. Once all the scratch tracks are done, the hard part really starts. We then have to add drums, guitar, strings, tweak the piano and main vocal as well as lay in background vocals. Then it all has to be mixed, mastered and produced. After that there is publicity shots, posters, t-shirts, the making of the CD's, promotion packages and concert dates. When I start thinking in terms of what all needs to be done still, I start feeling slightly ill. One thing at a time...that's what I keep repeating to myself lately.

My new equipment is still on order. I'm starting to get impatient! I want my keyboard! Hopefully it won't be much longer.

That's all for now, folks! I'll keep you updated as things start to happen with the album.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

How exciting! To think I get to say I knew you when you were just a big old singing "Psalty" songbook, lol! COngrats on your new career and best of luck meeting all of your dealines!

Michele said...

Oh no! I'm starting to get nightmares about the stories that will come out if any of my old school friends are ever interviewed on how they knew me! Thank goodness my parents didn't have a video camera back then!

Pam, was it you that had to tear the pages out of my Psalty book? I know someone did, I just don't remember who. Man that book was heavy!!

Pamela said...

lol! no that was not me but I do remember that you had trouble turning around in that costume--if you whipped around too quickly you would knock people over! Good times....great memories!