BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Power Lab...

My son, Declan has been attending Daily Vacation Bible School (DVBS) at our church this past week. This program was designed mostly for kids who don't normally attend church or sunday school. There were well over 100 kids there this week. They did science experiments and learned songs and bible verses that talked about how God gives us the power to be thankful, to help others, to tell others about Him, to be courageous, and to live for Him. Yesterday was parent day. I had the wonderful opportunity to witness these beautiful children dance and sing praises to God. I was in tears most of the time. There is no better sight than seeing children who didn't know Jesus before the week smile and sing and move to the rhythm of God's love for them. It touched me so much. The kids were telling us all the things that God gives us power to do and after every one they would all shout, "Ah-ha!". It was so cute! Even Rowan got involved! When the scientists thought that the kids were being a little loud and needed to be still and pay attention, they would say, "ooooooooooooo" and the kids would follow by saying, "ahhhhhhhhh"! What a great idea! I may try that at home! The kids all got a T-shirt, a CD and their science experiments to take home with them at the end of the week. I love the CD! It has such great songs!

I remember attending DVBS when I was a kid. I remember it being a lot of fun and I looked forward to it every summer. If you've never sent your child to DVBS, think about it for next summer. It's inexpensive and very worth while. To the adults who invested their time to make DVBS such a success, you are truly amazing! Thank you for giving so much of yourselves to make this week so special for our children! My prayer is that the seeds you planted this week will grow strong and tall and these children will live out the lessons you taught them this week!

0 comments: