BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

New Home...


Well, our offer was accepted on a house in a new development in Coalhurst called Bridgend. Now the crazy times of paper signing, finance finding, color/flooring/appliance picking begins. We're hoping to move around April or May sometime and we're all very excited. This is a great development and one block away from a really good school. It's 8km outside of Lethbridge which makes it close enough to make going into town not such a hassle. The house we've chosen is called the "Arlington" and we think it's perfect for us. I can't wait to move! I can't wait until John and I can start paying ourselves instead of paying someone else. Most of all, I can't wait to have air conditioning! Never again will I sweat to death in my own home all summer - hooray!!!


John and I have felt a real peace about this decision to buy a home. When we first saw the spec house in this development, we knew we had found our home. It was a special moment when John and I looked at eachother and each nodded our heads at the same time. A mortgage and home is a huge undertaking and definately not for the faint of heart, but I think it can also bring a family closer together. For John and I, this was definately the case. We are now partners not just in life, but in a large financial investment. I don't know why that's so special, but it is.


6 comments:

Jobina said...

Yay! So excited for you guys! Hey, isn't the town called Coalhurst?

Michele said...

HAHA!! Yes it is called Coalhurst! Apparently I can't spell. Oh well. Thanks for pointing that out! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you both worked so hard to achieve this. Enjoy your new home, I am very happy for you.

Ollie

Elayne said...

Can't wait to come for dinner in your new house!!!

Stacey said...

Catching up on blogs again. I have been drowning in stuff! Yay! Congratulations and enjoy the process of picking stuff that is truly your own taste and becoming a home owner! Very exciting!! It looks so cute from the pic. Almost cottagey looking - I like!

Michele said...

Thanks everyone! Once we're moved in, you are all welcome to come check it out whenever. Mom, you KNOW John will WILLINGLY cook for you in that house ANYTIME! Just show up.