BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm baack!!!!

Well, I'm back at home (although the kids don't come back until tomorrow). I had a wonderful time packing my sister in law's basement and seeing some old friends. I got to impress (not!) my dutch friend by attempting to read a book written in dutch. Needless to say my accent needs a little work! I had some amazing food while I was in Canmore. Anne took me to a restaurant called Crazy Weeds. I had a 12oz rib eye steak that was chili crusted with mushroom salsa and truffle butter. Yum!!! It was fantastic! Anne made a lamb roast my first night in town, Lee made bacon sandwiches one night, and Tara made pecan crusted salmon. I also had a turn at cooking and made my Mom's famous Apple Sauce Chicken with brown basmati rice and asparagus. I'm sure I've gained 15 pounds but it was well worth it. On the up side, I found a new bag of chips to love. They're from a company called RiceWorks and they are sea salt brown rice chips. They are wheat and gluten free, no additives, no fake flavour, organic and yummy!! Really good dipped in humus.

Today John took me to a local vietnamese restaurant. The meal was great and we had a fantastic time together. John saw a red bottle on the table and said, "they must have some american things on their menu because that looks like ketchup to me." Now of course, I would have to try the contents in the bottle to confirm this, wouldn't I. It was NOT ketchup!! That was HOT chili sauce! John was rather concerned when he saw my panicked face as I tried to reach for water, then he turned red and started laughing! Eventually I was able to laugh too, but it took a tub of water and two cans of coke to get to that point.

Anyway, I'm off to have a relaxing night with my love before I have to go get the kids tomorrow. Have a wonderful night everyone!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

welcome back! we missed you! :)

all that food sounds yummy! I'm sure you impressed the socks off of everyone with the infamous apple sauce chicken!

I LOVE vietnamese food. Steven and I have a favorite in Chinatown that we go to every now and then. I KNOW the hot sauce bottle you speak of. And yes, it is HOT! You crazy chick!

You have dutch in your genes on your maternal grandfather's side you know... you should have mastered that book! ha! I've been in Amsterdam... dutch is so crazy sounding. I don't think I could ever speak that language!

Well I'm off to clean my fridge. Oh joy. Oh bliss. Someone's gotta do it and I guess that someone would be ME!

Love you,
Stace

Jobina said...

Nice evening before you picked up the kids!!!

Anonymous said...

Milk will help cool you down a LOT faster than water or Coke will when you eat something hot like that. If I'm eating anything spicy I always have a glass of moo juice on hand!

Jay

Michele said...

That's the problem, Jay. I had no idea that I would be eating something hot! I think I'll just order milk from now on when I go out with John. Who knows what he'll trick me into eating next!