BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

1 bag, 5 meals...the website of my dreams...

That's right people...thanks to my sister who is always on the look out for great recipes that are cheap, I have found a new favorite place to go get meals to cook.

1 bag, 5 meals is from www.kraftcanada.ca and is a fantastic resource if you have a family like mine. I find that their recipes easily feed all four of us and usually there are no leftovers. This is a good thing in that I don't have to worry about using up anything later. For five meals I bought two types of meat totalling $20, as well as a few other odds and ends. The grocery list was really short and the recipes used similar ingredients so that you could split things up and use them for more than one recipe. There is also a pizza night which is great at my house because my kids love pizza!

I have made two recipes so far. Crispy Chicken with Pesto and Mozzarella Cheese as well as BBQ meatball sandwiches on panini buns. Both recipes were huge hits at my house. Serve with a simple salad and you're all done! Prep time is less than 10 minutes and baking time depends on what you're making. It's usually a "one pan wonder" which is great for me as I have no dishwasher right now. These recipes are really easy to make ahead of time and stick in the freezer. Then you could put them from freezer to oven and cook them whenever you want without having to prep anything at all!

So if you're bored and want to try something new, try out 1bag, 5 recipes. You won't be sorry!

1 comments:

Elayne said...

That chicken sounds good! Might have to check that out. Methinks I'm in a cooking slump!