BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A trip down concert lane....

I did my first concert set last night at Victory Christian Fellowship for the college and career group. There were three of us each doing a 40 minute set. The two guitarists who came were amazing! They did a lot of cover songs from different bands and one guy even did a song he wrote that day. It was fabulous! I didn't know that cover songs were the order of the day so I did some of my own stuff and some praise and worship music. The feedback was great and I've been invited back in the fall. If my album is completed by then, the college and career have offered to sell it at the next concert. The venue was a coffee bar type atmosphere. Candle light and accoustic sound. It was a great place to play. They had a professional sound guy come out and he made us all sound terrific. My Mom came out to babysit the kids for me (thanks again Mom, I couldn't have done this without you!!) which gave me the freedom to concentrate on music rather than the kids. I was paid with vietnamese food which is always a great way to pay me! We had salad rolls and this dish with noodles, veggies, charbroiled pork and cut up spring rolls - yummy! Sorry I don't have any pictures yet to post here, but I will as soon as they're sent to me.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! This is just taking off! Amazing to watch it all unfold.
You go girl!

Elayne said...

And I had a FABULOUS time with the kids and almost got in trouble for keeping Declan up late! OUCH!
It was my pleasure to see them again

Jobina said...

I love those coffee house style evenings. It lends itself well to your music and Praise and Worship I think. Nice payment!