BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Commercial Jingles...

Last night I had the pleasure of trying something new. I did speaking parts and singing parts for radio commercials. I also co-wrote a jingle for a local company. The time it took was really nothing considering how many we did, and the money was great! More importantly, that was a TON of FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got to Brad's at 9pm and we worked until 1am. We did 7 speaking spots, 1 jingle from creation to completion, and even managed to lay piano tracks for two of my songs and vocals for one. I came home energized, excited, and full of things to talk about! Poor John had to listen to me tell him every detail for nearly an hour!
6 months ago if you had told me this is what I would be doing with my life, I would have laughed in your face. I didn't think I was good enough vocally, or musically to do this type of work. I have found out that I was wrong. God put this in my life at the perfect moment. With these new relationships and challenges, I have found confidence and a belief that I can do anything I set my mind to do. Music has always had a huge role in defining who I am. Now that is more true than ever with God playing the part of conductor.
I should also tell you a bit of a story...John had an issue with his paychecks this month and we were worried that things were going to be really tight. The DAY we found out about his checks, Brad called to offer me this work. The money I made was more than double what we were short. THAT, people, is how God works!!! Praise the Lord for His love for His children and His willingness to provide for us. We are a blessed people!!!

4 comments:

Elayne said...

Yes we are blessed and in great hands when we give God control of every area of our lives!
I'm thrilled for you and all the new doors God is opening for you while allowing you to be home with your children and home to provide that haven that your hubby needs to come home to at the end of the day! God is good!

Jobina said...

Wow, that sounds like fun! Amazing how we are provided for month after month, isn't it? I'm amazed every time!

Stacey said...

It's a funny thing about making money on your talent. I kept hearing from people how much more I could charge for my work. I didn't believe it for the longest time. I carefully did my research on the "asking prices" around Toronto and I found out eventually I could get what everyone else but me believed I was worth. And people actually paid it! Hard to comprehend, but God certainly provides and rewards us!

Congratuations on your first commercial!

Jay Boaz said...

That sounds like so much fun! I only wish I could get paid for such a creative outlet. Good job!

Jay