BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A radio personality is born...

Well it's official. Saturn of Lethbridge has approved the commercial I spoke in and it will go to air on Monday. Speaking in commercials is tough. I now know why people go to school for this. It's very easy to sound choppy and you really have to work to give a commercial the right tone. Really good voices can make hundreds of dollars per commercial...I'm merely a pathetic beginner so I made around $30. On the upside, it's a great experience and one I would like to do again and again! Learning what to do with your voice can help not only for speaking parts, but for singing as well. I think the thing I liked best was the way a producer can just click a few things on the computer and make a voice that's low and nasal (yes, that's my view of my own voice) into something higher, lighter, and not nasal at all. The wonder of technology! It can make anyone sound great! So, if you're in Lethbridge, listen to the radio...you just may here a commercial for the Saturn Astra with my voice on it!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

so cool! congrats again!