BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nearing the mid 40's...



This weekend we celebrated John's birthday. My Mom and Dad came out to help us celebrate. We left the kids with a friend and went out to dinner. The plan was to go to the Keg, but the line was huge and they don't take reservations. We tried 3 restaurants before we finally arrived at Earl's. We had a wonderful meal and then went home to have chocolate cake with the kids. John got an mp3 player, pants and a shirt from the kids and I, and money from Mom and Dad. It was a great day and we all had a lot of fun.
I have been so blessed to have John in my life. He's an amazing husband, a wonderful father to our children, and an incredibly hard worker for his employer. Honey, I love you more now then I ever did. With every passing year, I see more clearly the beautiful man that you are. I could not have picked a better partner for my life than you. I love you! Happy Birthday!




7 comments:

Jobina said...

Oh my goodness, a CAT is on Dad's LAP and he's LAUGHING???!!! Ok, I have to meet this cat, he's turning our family into animal lovers!
;)
John, I will never forget how Michele suddenly felt like she was treasured when she met you. She constantly talked about how you would send her flowers just because you could, or say something nice to her, or encourage to think beautiful thoughts about herself. You have been a wonderful addition to our family! Happy birthday! We'll see you in a week!!!

Anonymous said...

He'll do ANYTHING to get those grandbabies to sit on his lap...YES, even allow the CAT to shed on his clothes!
Zac is contagious....you can't help but love him!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought the cat was smiling, (2nd pic), but then I took a closer look, and it almost looks like there is possibly an air intake problem. :o))
(Very cool picture!!)
Is that why Peter is laughing..?? (I couldn't resist)

Dan

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday John!!! It was great getting to know you a bit better last Christmas and sorry to miss you all this year.

Those are great pics. Yes I'm in awe with everyone else that a cat is on Peter's lap!! I would be sneezing and wheezing like crazy but it's a pretty cute cat for a cat ;-)

Stacey said...

Ah hahaha!!! I'm just back on your blog to show my friend from work the pics of the kids and just noticed what Dan was talking about in the 2nd 'cat picture'. That is quite the choke hold Rowan has on Zac!! Too funny! That must be the tamest kitty on the planet :)

Mark said...

Happy Birthday John!

Michele said...

This kitty is extremely tame. It copes with Rowan choking it, picking it up by it's tail, and other assorted tortures. It never scratches or bites the kids. We are truly blessed. I don't know how much sneezing and wheezing you would do with this cat, Stace, I bathe it in anti-allergen shampoo twice a week. My girlfriend is allergic to cats and can bury her face in mine.

Surprisingly enough Dan, Dad really liked our cat. He did think it was humorous that Mom talked to the cat as if it would talk back!