BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Declan and I had a long discussion last night about rules. He wasn't following them and so we talked about why rules need to be followed.

At bedtime, I saw the Bible Declan got for Christmas on his dresser and I asked him if he would like me to read him a story from his Bible tonight. He said yes so I simply opened the Bible and where did I turn but to Titus 3:1-5 and a little devotional about rules. It talked about how rules are there to create order instead of chaos and how obeying rules trains you to behave a certain way and proves that you are growing up. I told Declan that this is how God talks to us. He hears what we are going through and He backs up our discussions through His Word. Praise the Lord for those verses! It was so cool to read that in DECLAN's Bible!!

Thanks again Mom and Dad for so precious a gift! It came at the right time and it confirmed for Declan that God cares about what he's going through and wants to show him the right road to travel. Declan and I are starting a journal of Bible verses we've read together and what they were about so that we can look back on them later. I can hardly wait to see where we end up next!

1 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great Christmas present! We talk to our kids about choices and consequences and that making a bad choice (or not following a rule) can have a lasting consequence. For example, not obeying the rule not to play by the street can have a serious consequence.