BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 10, 2007

One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days where things are just...off..? I had one of those today. It snowed more today than it has all winter thus far. Rowan slept from 8pm last night until 10am this morning and then napped for 3 hours in the afternoon. Declan spent the whole day seeing how far he could push me (he finally pushed himself right into an early bedtime). John worked the night shift which I'm simply not used to anymore, and I had a visitor! Not only that, my house was actually clean when she arrived!

Now I'm not complaining about Rowan's sleep habits (unless she keeps me up all night tonight. Then I'll start complaining). Declan is just that age where pushing boundaries is part of the process, and John's work demands that he work shifts so there are times when he's not home. I guess things were just so routine for a while there, I wasn't prepared for anything out of the ordinary. In a way I'm glad for the odd things that happen in my day. It keeps me on my toes and out of the ruts I tend to put myself in. It gets me thinking and stimulates me to learn something new about myself or the people around me.

What kind of day did you have today?

2 comments:

Jobina said...

oh, you can read my blog and see. I spent most of my day on the phone with doctors and nurses, in the waiting room at the walk-in-clinic and at Walmart filling a prescription. Add to that the hours holding Trinity on the toilet and crying with her and my day is full! Now I just took a bath, and read my book, and I'm going to drag my carcass up to bed before Trinity needs to pee again!

Stacey said...

It must have been a manic monday! My day was crazy too but it was all work related. I know, I always know December and January are extra, extra busy but the additional projects that came on yesterday were enough to send me over the edge. The up-side is that with my job I never get used to routine. I have to be on my toes constantly as deadlines, details, project status is always changing. I yearn for a day when i have a 'routine'... but then I wonder if I'd know what to do with myself?

Hope the rest of your week is a happy one.

Love ya