BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Food and other yummy things...

I went grocery shopping yesterday. Thanks to my very helpful husband, it only took me one hour! I love grocery shopping. When I see a full fridge, freezer and pantry, and feel relaxed. It drives me nuts not to have things available if we get unexpected company and I like to have options for meals. I made a list of recipes I want to make this week and I'm excited to make them! Here's what we're having this week...

1. Southern "Fried" Chicken and Sweet Potatoe Fries
2. Beef Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, salad and glazed carrots
3. Chicken Alfredo
4. Beef Stir Fry
5. Lasagna
6. Spaghetti and Garlic Toast

To do all of this, I bought some chicken pieces, a roast, and one pound of hamburger. If you can figure out how to make new things out of leftovers, you can really save on your grocery bill. It's taken a while for me to figure this out but I couldn't believe the difference! I used to buy meat for every day. I cut that in half this time. I have more veggies than my fridge can hold. That doesn't really excite Declan or John, but Rowan and I are stoked! I love to cook and I love trying out new recipes. What have you tried lately that was really yummy?

6 comments:

Jobina said...

Looks like you have a whole pile of creative energy, good for you! Thanks for the verse too, I really liked it.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! That sounds good and all this from the girl who used to make "hamburger something"! Ha! I can't stop teasing you about that!
I made Pad Thai this week and loved it! I can post the recipe on my blog if anyone is interested.
Keep cookin'!
Love Mom

Stacey said...

Oh yum can I come for dinner?!

I wish... cooking for one person is impossible. I'm of the 'what comes in a tin can?' mindset these days!

However I have made and shared a healthy tuna casserole that I love and gets rave reviews from everyone who has tried it. If you like tuna (it comes in a tin can! ha) I can share the recipe too.

Michele said...

Stacey: You're welcome to come for dinner anytime! I will cook like crazy and we'll eat until we can't move! Feel free to share the tuna casserole recipe - I love casseroles and I love tuna so it sounds like a match to me!

Jobina said...

I would love to get my hands on that tuna casserole recipe too!

Stacey said...

OK, I posted it on my blog.

Hope you like it, if you decide to try it!