BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

We have water!!!

Well, the water main was fixed last night (miracle of miracles!) so we have water once again. Yay!

Last night I received a wonderful gift. My Aunt wrote a poem and few years back and posted it on her blog last night. I read it and felt instantly inspired. I asked her if I could put it to music and she said yes. Yay! I love writing music. Words don't come easily to me, but music always does. When I can create a song it gives me chills, makes me shake, creates a sense of accomplishment, and an adrenaline rush like you wouldn't believe! It's rare that I am inspired to write something. When it happens, the process is fast. A rough draft of a song can come in 5-10 minutes. Then comes the tweaking. This takes longer. I spent most of last night tweaking this particular song. I couldn't stop thinking about it and I was still adding things this morning.

If only I could find a way to record some of this stuff before I forget it! I have contacted a few studios to see if recording one song is even feasable. I haven't heard back yet. Perhaps I should just invest in a tape recorder for now. It's better than nothing!

Have you ever been inspired to do something? Moved to the point that you can't think about anything else?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without knowing what kind of computer you have, you could probably do a recording yourself (albeit not studio quality). All you need is a microphone and a program like Quicktime (I'm not sure if the free version can record, I'd have to check).

Actually, if you just want to share on-line, get a microphone (you can get a computer mic fairly cheaply) and use the Sound Recorder program on your PC (should be under Accessories/Entertainment/Sound Recorder in your Start menu)

That should be enough to share with the rest of us at least!

Jay

Michele said...

Jay, I have more questions for you since you sound like you know something about this stuff. Mark and Jobina have my number, or if it's easier, tell them to give me your number and we'll chat. This sounds like it could really work! Thank you for giving me some hope of doing something that won't cost me an arm and a leg!

Hope to talk to you in real time soon!

Anonymous said...

I e-mailed Jobina the phone number(s) you can reach me at and asked her to pass them along; I didn't want to post them on-line for the world to see!

Jay

Stacey said...

Awww, that makes me feel so good! I have like big tears rolling down my face from happy to proud (of you)!

And yeah for water!! (((happy dance)))