BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Template...

No, it's not your eyes...the template for my blog was acting funny so I have had to change it. I went to look at my blog and the title had disappeared behind some other stuff. Very wierd.

I have spent all day checking out recording studios vs the cost of buying my own recording equipment. Nothing fancy, just enough to make my songs sound like something decent. Here's what I found out (just in case anyone was wondering...). To record in a studio in Lethbridge will cost you approximatly $450 not including the burning of any cd's. To buy the equipment I would need to record on my own will cost me $300 and then I can record over and over again. The software I found will allow me to lay multiple tracks so I can play piano, lay main and background vocals, strings, drums, and whatever else I want. Sweet!!! I even found a guy willing to teach me how to use this wonderful technology. Hooray!

I have been trying to figure out how long it will take me to save up enough to do this. I figure it will be a few months yet. That's okay. I don't mind waiting, although I would love to make this last song digital as soon as humanly possible. I think I may take Jay's advice and buy a cheap computer mic and put a rough draft on disc just so I remember what I did. Then when I have the equipment I want, I can really make it beautiful.

Well, I'm off to tweak that song some more...

Have a great night everyone!

6 comments:

Jobina said...

Ack! For a second there I thought I was on the wrong page! Change is good.

Anonymous said...

Nice new format! I like it.

Anonymous said...

Now all you need is a Mac to do the recording and mixing on! ;)

Oh, and here's a tip I forgot to tell you about yesterday; if you do the rough draft with the computer mic and you find the vocals too sharp (you'll know when you hear the playback) stretch a sock over the mic, it'll help soften it.

Jay

Michele said...

Jay: According to the guy I talked to at the music store, PC is perfectly acceptable and all he uses to mix his music! Ha ha!!! Thanks for the tip about the mic. I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard his music? I bet it'd be better if it was mixed on a Mac!

If Mark and I co-ordinate a two-pronged attack maybe one day we'll convert you. :)

Jay

Michele said...

Between you, Mark, my friend Simon, my uncle,and my parents, I should have been converted years ago! If it hasn't happened yet, I doubt it ever will. But feel free to keep trying!