BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Rowan...


2 years ago at 5:30pm our little girl was born. She did not have an easy time of things those first few days. Rowan was born with a hole in her lung. She spent the first three days of her life in the NICU. It was so hard to see her there under an oxygen helmet not being able to hold her. You would never know what she went through looking at her today!

Today we had a birthday party for this little princess. Rowan had two friends come to her party. Lily, and Fin. Their mothers, Selena and Renae were also in attendance as was Rowan's Nana, Mom and Dad. We had Chicken Noodle Soup, Homemade New England Clam Chowder, and Homemade Beef Barley Soup as well as assorted sandwiches, pickles, cucumber and carrots. All Rowan's favorite foods. We had chocolate cupcakes for desert and there were presents all around!


What a blessing this little one has been to me! Never in my life did I think I would have a daughter. I was more than a little surprised when I found out that's just what I was getting! She is a strong minded, opinionated little girl. She is not afraid to speak her mind or stand up for herself. Rowan is precious, kind, loving, beautiful, strong, independent, willing to try new things, determined, and wonderful! Happy Birthday Baby Girl! We love you!!!

4 comments:

Jobina said...

Aww, she DID like the ponies! Yay! I love the first picture!!! Happy Birthday Rowan, I'm glad you had a great day!

(oh Michele, it's just Renae, no "y")
Great pics!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics Michele! It was a delight to spend the day watching Rowan turn 2 .... gracefully! She can be such a perfect little lady! She even eats her cake in a lady like way even though it gets all over her face and clothes.
Happy Birthday Princess!
Love, Nana

Michele said...

Jobina, thanks for the heads up on the spelling of Renae. It's fixed now.

Mom, it was fantastic to have you here for Rowan's birthday. Thank you so much for coming!! I can't remember the last time I had the honor of making perogies for you!

Stacey said...

Oops, I'm either early or late wishing Rowan a happy birthday. But it looks like she had a great day. Awesome pics Michele. She sure is a little sweetheart!