BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

WW1: The Experiences of an English Soldier...

The other day I saw something on CBC that really interested me. It was a story about a man who is blogging letters written by his late Grandfather who was a soldier in WW1. He is typing out the letters 90 years to the day of each post. We as the reader get to pretend to be the family. Waiting for each letter from him. Hoping that he's still alive and well.

The grandson started this blog in 2006 and the letters written so far have been captivating to say the least. Mainly this soldier wrote to his sister and brother. The family has been on CBC news as well as BBC news because of this blog. It's amazing to hear the stories of what happened during that war from someone who was actually THERE!!!


If you want to check it out, I have attached a link for you.

www.wwar1.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jobina said...

Sorry, I posted a comment as Mark by mistake so I had to delete it! Anyway, I wanted to say that I checked this blog out and loved it! What a great way to reveal history!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

It really is awesome. I've passed on the site to the teachers at Declan's school. I thought it would be a great resource for some of the older grades.

Stacey said...

Thanks for this link. It really is awesome. Steven's Dad was a fighter pilot in the war and I'm going to tell him and his mom about this site. I know they'll be interested.