BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Water Mains and other nuisances...

For the fourth year in a row, the water main in our area has burst. I woke up this morning to a letter from our landlord telling us to fill our tubs and sinks with water. Outside there was a lake in the public yard and water gushing out of the ground. Yuck.

I can't stand things like this. I don't like having water sitting all over my house. It's an inconvenience and a nuisance. It makes me wonder how people functioned before running water. No hot showers, if you wanted hot water for washing anything you had to heat it on the stove. Call me spoiled but I really like my hot water tank. I feel a little like I'm living in the past. We are getting our water from a giant tank outside and we heat it on the stove (although it is electric, not wood). If we want to flush the toilet, we have to put a bucket of water in the tank. I think I would rather just stay in 2008 and have running water and toilets I don't have to fiddle with.

Come on city workers...get that water main fixed! This lady wants a hot shower!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh yuck that doesn't sound like fun at all! I hope it doesn't go on for too long.

You have some weird ad thing on top of all your posts. Or is it supposed to be there now?

Hope your day gets better!!

Michele said...

I've fixed the ad thing. Thanks for the heads up. It's now 3pm and these guys are no where near done. I doubt I'll have water before tomorrow night. That just sucks.