BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a Ride!!!!!!

What an intense week I've had!!! Let me fill you in on what's been happening here.

A little while ago, I was working on a talk for CWC. It wasn't going well and I just didn't feel inspired to do anything about it. It felt like God was telling me to just lay off for a while. The day after that happened, I saw a poem written by my Aunt. I asked her if I could play around with it and see if I could make it into a song. She said yes. Well, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what I wanted to do. I really wanted to record it so that I could send it to her. I checked into recording studios and heard back from one that was very expensive. I had basically given up doing any recording when I got an email from a guy who was willing to record me for a decent price.

I started recording yesterday. I finished the song today. It sounds amazing and is in post production as we speak. Here's the really cool part. I've been asked by the recording studio to do more studio work for them. As well, the owner of the studio is encouraging me to write more songs and create a Christian album. There is a lady who is interested in the song I have already recorded AND since I am working for the studio, I now have a position I can do from home, creating music which is what I love to do, and gives me enough money to make our budget a little more realistic. Because I work from home and will be my own company, I get to write off a lot of expenses on income tax (always groovy). This all happened after I saw those fish symbols on the front of my house - wow!!!!!

I can't believe the way God works. Everything fell into place at the perfect time, in the perfect way. I feel so grateful, so unworthy but so thankful for the precious gifts God has given me. To know that He loves me so much He makes a way for me to fulfill my dreams of recording music...I am awed and humbled. I really have no words to say what it means to me.

So here's to many more songs, and a new career! Anyone have any ideas what I can call my company? I'm terrible with names for stuff like that...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONSCONGRATULATIONSCONGRATULATIONSCONGRATULATIONS (I'm shouting from the rooftops here!!!)
What a GIFT and SO TIMELY! We are so happy for you and hope to hear many more new songs in the future!
Love Mom & Dad

Jobina said...

So awesome Michele!
Here's a "get your brain thinking of names" kind of idea (aka, not very serious)how about...
Signfish Music!

Michele said...

Ichthys Innovations...? Ichthys Creations? Ichthys Music? I could have the Christian fish symbol with a music note inside it on my business cards!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Choice Creations

Choice Arrangements

Edgy Innovations

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear you won't need any of my cheapy recording techniques and get to do it properly!

Are you looking for a cool name, heart-warming name, silly with meaning name, or just silly name?

My suggestion, based off of the fish picture, would be "Guiding Light Entertainment".

Jay

Michele said...

Jay, that's really similar to John's suggestion. His was Light of Day Entertainment!

Stacey said...

My vote is Illuminated Fish Productions!