BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Feedback from Beef Sukiaki

Well folks, the sukiaki was not a hit in the Treleaven house. John doesn't like mushrooms or bean sprouts, so I was 0 for 2 there. The kids are not into veggies they can see (although Rowan probably would have loved it if she'd given it half a chance). I like it, but it's a huge recipe. I wouldn't make it for one. Basically here is what you do...

Thinly slice some onion. Put it in a pot. Next layer spinach, mushroom, carrots, bean sprouts. Add beef broth, soya sauce, sugar and dry sherry. Cook for 10 minutes. Then add very thinly sliced raw beef and cooked rice vermicelli noodles. Cook 5 more minutes. Serve.

Very easy and I suppose you could make the recipe smaller. I ended up with 12 cups left over. If you want to know the ratios, it was 1 large onion, 1.5 cups spinach, 1.5 cups mushroom, 1 carrot grated, 1.5 cups bean sprouts. 3 cups beef broth, 3 tablespoons soya sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons dry sherry. 1 pound beef and 90g rice vermicelli.

It's a very pretty dish, sorry I didn't take a picture. As I said, I liked it but the family was definately not into it.

On the up side, I got to go out with the girls tonight which I haven't done in ages. We played "Name that Tune" at our favorite pool hall and came in 2nd place! We got extra points for doing jumping jacks when they played "Jumping Jack Flash". It was a riot and a great time was had by all. Now I have to set my clock ahead and pray that I wake up in time to drive John to work tomorrow so that I can take the kids to church! We have a great african choir coming to our church tomorrow and I can't wait to hear them. Apparently they opened for Alisha Keys on her last tour.

Hope everyone's having a great night!

1 comments:

Jobina said...

oh man, that's a lot of leftovers! Yikes! We're supposed to get an African Choir here in the next little bit too. Wonder if it's the same choir? Weird.