BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Jobina!!!

Today is my sister Jobina's birthday. Normally I don't announce people's birthdays, but somehow this time I felt like I should. Jobina is two years younger than me. When we were kids, I felt like we couldn't be more opposite. She was very girly. She loved to play with dolls (still does, only now she has a partner in crime, her daughter, Trinity!), she loved to dress up in fancy princess type clothes. I felt like she was so tiny in comparison to me and I was extremely protective of her. Now, that's not to say that I didn't fight with her, oh yes, we fought. But no one else better lay a hand on her or I would come running!

My favorite memories of Jobina are:

1. Taking a tape recorder and recording ourselves singing the latest commercials from the TV.
2. Making waffles and fruit and feeding our kids breakfast at my house.
3. Watching her sleep when she was little and being amazed how soft her hands were when she slept.
4. Listening to her sing praise and worship songs to her children before she tucks them in for the night.
5. Talking on the phone until our batteries died and we HAD to hang up!
6. Having Jobina in town when I moved to Lethbridge. I was totally sick with the flu and she drove with me in the moving truck to Lethbridge so I wouldn't be alone with my bucket!

My sister is incredibly patient, kind, the best bargain shopper I have ever met and a wonderful encouragement to me. I thank God every day that we have such a great releationship. I never thought it would happen. I look forward to every phone call and email that comes from her. My life would not be the same without her in it.

Happy Birthday Jobina! I hope you have a fantastic day with your kids and your husband! You deserve every good thing that happens to you. I only wish I was there to help you celebrate!

2 comments:

Jobina said...

Aww *sniff* you made me all teary! Thanks for all the great memories...I can't believe there's 31 years worth of them already! Here's to lots more!

Elayne said...

Well, Jobina can consider herself very young. I addressed a birthday card to Grandpa Peter today and Declan wanted to know whose it was. When I told him he asked me "Is he STILL ALIVE? ... after ALL THESE YEARS?!"
He didn't say that about Jobina!