BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A wonderful visit...

I went to Medicine Hat yesterday to sing at Christian Women's Club. My Mom came and picked me up in the morning so that John could have our car (he was home with our kids). We had a great ride to Medicine Hat, had lunch at a really cool little place called "The Prickly Pear" and went shopping. After shopping we went to see my friend Julie who used some hair extensions I had bought and did a fantastic job on my hair. My Dad said it was like being in a time warp seeing me with long hair - he hadn't seen that since I was in grade 3! Then we got all dolled up and went to Christian Women's Club. I sang "Anyway" by Martina McBride and "Let my lifesong sing" by Casting Crowns. It was great! Everyone liked it even though I lost my breath part way through the Martina McBride song (That girl has some lungs!!!). They were even asking when my album would be finished so they could buy one! Very cool! A wonderful lady called Elaine (not my Mom) spoke and moved the entire crowd with her story. We went out for coffee at Tim Horton's where I sang the Cherry Pepsi commercial from 1981 for all my Mom's friends (long story there) and then went home. I got to sleep in a giant bed all by myself - it was heaven. Today Mom and I went to Bible Study together, then out for lunch at the "Zucchini Blossom" which is a fabulous little place with the best Panini, soup and Italian Soda I have ever had! Then we packed up and my wonderful Mom took me home.

This was the first time I had been completely alone with my Parents in years! Usually there are kids running around or husband in tow. It's a totally different experience when it's just me. I felt spoiled rotten, completely loved, utterly cared for, and totally welcome! It was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. It reminded me how blessed I am to have my Parents. They have my back. They support me, they are fierce in their loyalty to me, they love me and are proud of me. They want the best for me and pray for me daily. They are wonderful examples of God at work. They share their spiritual growth with me that I may grow as well. They celebrate when I succeed and they are the first ones on their knees praying for me when I'm falling. They won't pick up the pieces for me, but they'll be my best cheering section when I'm working to pick myself up. I LOVE MY PARENTS!!!!!!

Today in bible study we were talking about God's faithfulness and how He shows that to us. I was thinking about how even when I travel the wrong road, God decides where that road ends up and what the outcome will be. He also knows who to put on that road to help me on my journey. He hand picked my Parents for me. I am so grateful to Him for the two people He chose. He knew who I needed and He provided abundantly!

Dad...Mom....thank you!!!!!! You are exactly what I want and need in a set of parents and I thank God each and every day for you!!! I may be an adult, but there are still days I just need to be a child. You allow me to do that and I love you for it. Thank you....I love you!

3 comments:

Elayne said...

AWWW SHUCKS! Thank you Michele! It was so special to spend two days with you, have you in our home for the night and do all these wonderful things with you. I hadn't realized how long it has been since we have done this. Must find some way of doing it again. And I WILL find some way of doing this with your sister some time soon (as soon as she stops gallivanting off to Belize!). It won't be as easy since she doesn't live close but I just HAVE to experience this with her too (Jobina, I hope you are reading this!!)
For all the readers out there, my buttons almost burst off my shirt when Michele belted out those songs! WOW! You just should have been there!
I love sharing my friends with my daughters and these past two days were so special as I got to do that and saw that they too could see what a lovely woman she is, not just physically, but on the inside as well. A lovely woman of God with a huge heart for people everywhere, especially those who are suffering (refer to Sunday's post).
We are blessed and honoured to be your parents.
God bless you "my child"!
Love, Mom & Dad

Stacey said...

Aww it's a love fest between your Mom's blog and yours! haha

Glad you had a great visit. As I said on your Mom's blog, it makes me miss the mother/daughter time with my Mom. I was your age when I lost her. It never feels like enough time that you get to spend with your Mom. Take every opportunity you can. And those one-on-one times are the BEST!

Jobina said...

I think it's good for all of us to experience the other sides of ourselves sometimes. Not only are you Michele the Mother and Michele the Wife, but you are also Michele the Daughter too (plus so much more!) . I'm so glad that you could be "poured into" for a few days, get spoiled rotten and reminded again how much you are loved! What a great few days!