BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

What age are you anyway?!?!

The other day Declan and his friend Eric were sitting down to eat with John, Rowan and myself. We got on the topic of age and Declan says to John..."what age are you anyway? 61? 50?" I couldn't help but laugh. John is 43...tee hee... I asked Declan how old he thought I was and he said, "33"...yep, that's how old I am. I just wish I could teach him to say that I'm only 29...

I bug John alot about his age. So much in fact that I felt it only fair to ask him if I could tell all you bloggers about this little conversation before I posted it. I didn't want him to be upset. He consented so here I go.

John works crazy hours. He's also an insomniac. Because of this and other pressures that he feels, he has times where he looks and acts older than he is. I think this is something that happens to all of us at some point or another. It's interesting how outside pressure can put age on a person. I'm sure all of us at some point have seen a person and thought, they have lived a lot of life in their years, just by looking at their face. Then the question becomes, what makes a person stay young looking? It can be genetic to a point, but there's more to it than that. Habits are definately a factor. We all know smoking, drinking alcohol, not consuming enough water can age us. But what else keeps us young? So here's your question for the day...

What keeps you young?

3 comments:

Elayne said...

Oh that's so easy! My grandchildren keep me young! I will never forget Declan introducing me to his Kindergarten friends "This is my Nana! She's still very young!" Gotta love that guy!
I look so bad when I don't get enough sleep or when I sleep on my face. It takes most of the day to get rid of the wrinkles from the pillow!!
State of mind keeps one young. Laughing lots (so surround yourself with people who let you laugh and make you laugh and learn to laugh at yourself!)
Words of wisdom from a "very young" Nana!!

Jobina said...

What keeps me young? Immaturity...just kidding...sort of. Having belching contests with my son, playing dolls and tea party with my girl, going out on dates with my husband and having an afternoon every once in a while doing something I love. Oh, and cranking the music up in my car and making a spectacle of myself while I sing and dance along!

Anonymous said...

I find shaving does the trick to make me look younger. :)

Jay