BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thank you for not smoking...

That's right blog people...I have quit smoking!!! I have become the queen of all anti smoking nazis and the pain in my husband's butt. I have been a smoker for 17 years. Long enough to know better. It finally dawned on me that I'm spending money on something stupid. That money could be going to other, more useful things. I told John that he should quit too. He said he would "try". We'll see how that goes. Either way, there is no smoking anywhere in this house anymore. Consequence to smoking in the house? Everything that's precious to you gets thrown out in the snow.

I have discovered that when I'm not smoking, I'm much more productive. My house is beautifully clean. In fact, I'm starting to work on extra things like washing walls, cleaning curtains, and shampooing my carpet. It keeps me busy and then I don't think about smoking. I can also tell you that nicotine fits can last up to an hour before you start to feel better again. It's very hard to have will power for that long. No wonder so many people fail at quitting. But as I said to my hubby, we are far too stubborn not to succeed when we put our minds to something.

I think I'm going to go clean my fridge now...and then the basement...and I might see if my neighbor wants some help cleaning her house...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go..!! One day at a time... I have a "good idea" about withdrawal. My situation was a "little" different, as I only smoked for about 2 years, and then quit for the next 20 years or so. :o) (yeah, I'm trying to be funny, lol) But seriously, WAY TO GO..!!
Smoking was such a "time stealer" for me. (is that a word?)
Don't be too hard on John, as everyone has their own time, when they are ready to drop the habit.
(March 1st was my 4th year smoke-free. YES..!! PTL)
Dan G.

Anonymous said...

Pick Me! PICK ME! My house needs cleaning too!!
Love, Mom
Way to go Michele! Be kind to John! (thank you Dan!)

Stacey said...

I know I already sent you a facebook message with my support but I'll leave it here as well.

You CAN do it!

Proud of you,
Stace

Mark said...

Michele, way to go! You can do it. Such a wise life choice, don't give up!