BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Porcupines...


Stace asked me for this recipe, so I thought I would post it. I used to make these a different way, but I found this recipe and decided that I like it better. I hope you enjoy it!

Zesty Porcupines...

INGREDIENTS
1 egg
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
1/4 cup instant rice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

DIRECTIONS
Lightly beat egg with a fork, then add a heaping tablespoon of the soup and mix lightly. Mix in rice, onion, parsley, onion salt and pepper. Stir in the ground beef and mix well with hands. From mixture into 1 1/2 inch round meatballs.
Coat a large skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Cook meatballs and brown on all sides.
Combine remaining soup with Worcestershire (you can increase or decrease Worcestershire to your liking), stir until smooth, then spoon over meatballs. Cover with lid and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.

Serve this over hot rice with some fresh bread (I like to use a really crusty bread with a soft inside).

3 comments:

Jobina said...

those look great! I bet Trinity would love them...she's a meatball girl. Good pic!

Michele said...

These were fantastic!!! Rowan even ate them and she's not a keener for meat! Really really good!

Stacey said...

Thanks for the recipe Michele! If the recipe itself isn't tantalizing enough that picture sure does the job! Mmm, I'll have to make these sometime. They do look really good!

Thanks again!