BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break...

Declan has been home all week for spring break. I'm sure I can speak for other Mothers when I say that it may be a break for the kids, but it sure isn't a break for the parents! Thank goodness for Nana and Papa who came and took Declan away from Sunday night until Tuesday! So far, Declan has gone to his Grandparents, swimming with friends, bike riding, had a nintendo challenge with some buddies, and eaten me out of house and home. It has been nice having him at home and being able to sleep in a little later in the morning, but honestly, I'm ready for him to go back to school!

I have trouble thinking of new things to do with the kids. There isn't that much that you can do here in Lethbridge that doesn't cost something. Trips to the park are always good (weather permitting) and the library sometimes has things that the kids can do, but other than that, I haven't found a lot for this time of year. In the summer, there's lots. The YMCA hosts a kids club right outside our house all summer long. It goes from 9-5 Monday to Friday and the kids really enjoy it! They play games, do crafts, learn songs, etc. It keeps them busy and they can come and go as they please which is also nice. It's also free! Yay! That will be the one thing I miss about living here, the park and the activities available to Declan in the summer. Ah well, I guess that means I'll have to be a little more creative when that time comes.

Here's to Monday and school being back in session!

2 comments:

Elayne said...

I LOVE spring break when I can "capture" one of my grandkids and spoil them for a few days. I'ld love to have all four together if I could!
Declan loved being here but he missed 'his family' and the cat very much.
He left his cap here so we have a constant reminder of him every time we open the front hall closet!!
Enjoy the weekend with your kids and Monday will feel VERY quiet at your house!

Jobina said...

oh that will be me next week. We still have at least a foot and a half of snow here which makes the park less nice to visit. So far I've come up with a day at the mall and some time at the library and an evening with a babysitter. Other than that I'm going to be making it up as I go. Hang in there!