BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Siblings...



I love watching my kids interact. As per my last post, Rowan has had trouble sleeping the last little while. On the advice of my Sister and my Mom, I thought I would introduce her to a new stuffed animal who she could sleep with. Declan agreed to let her sleep with this stuffed duck he got from Nana for Easter a few years ago. This worked beautifully! She slept through the night last night! Hooray!

Declan is wonderful at sharing his things with Rowan. Much more than I did at that age, so I know he didn't get the gift of giving from me! It makes his day when he shares something and it helps make her day a little easier. What a great big brother!

Now don't get me wrong, Declan and Rowan definately have their differences of opinion. It usually has to do with a certain red chair in our living room which both think belongs to them. On the up side, these fights never last long and are usually followed by many hugs, kisses, and wrestling moves. Rowan wouldn't trade her big brother for all the tea in China. Declan is who she goes to when she's upset. She'll sit beside him, or ask him to pick her up (which he does willingly). He is her comfort right now. If only we could stuff him, she'd have a perfect lovey for bedtime. Being that Declan probably won't agree to being stuffed, the duck will just have to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cozy together! Glad the old stuffed duck in the crib trick worked!!
Love, Mom

Stacey said...

Awww, adorable! I remember sleeping with Coco, my brown fur-ball teddy bear, for years. I still have that thing, it's nasty and stinky but I can't get myself to throw it away. I had it since I was five. Before Coco I have vague memories of some huge black stuffed bear... I see it in pictures from as early as one or two years old. I think it was Phillis's stuffed animal. I abused all of her toys. She was as giving with me as Declan is with Rowan. Rowan will never forget his generosity!

Jobina said...

That's awesome that the duck did the trick! Did it work the next night too?