BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

There's a method to my madness...

I was asked how I'm quitting smoking so I thought I should go into a little more detail. I have heard of many things you can buy to help you quit smoking. Pills, accupuncture, the patch, hypnosis, herbs, vitamins, inhalers...there's all kinds of ways to quit. For myself, I find cold turkey to be fairly good. As long as I'm busy, I don't find that my cravings are that bad. Evenings are the worst. There's not a lot to do. I have figured that part out though. On facebook there is a live Scramble game (very much like Boggle) and so I play that until I'm falling asleep in the middle of a game and then I go to sleep. That has worked the best because it keeps my brain and my hands busy.

You should also know that I have quit Pepsi as well. For those of you who don't know, this was another serious addiction for me. I have not had any pepsi type product in 4 days. You'd think I'd be losing a ton of weight but I'm more than making up for those lost calories with food! Eventually it will all even out. I'm even getting to the point where water tastes good to me! I started out always flavoring my water with lemon juice. No sugar, just lemon juice. I still like that but I'm okay drinking straight water now.

So that's where I am. Now I'm off to clean my bathtub and make porcupines for supper.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey whatever works! I saw about a kabillion "Michele is playing Scramble" notifications on facebook! hahaha Now it all makes sense! Too funny!

Still proud of you... still cheering you on...

Love you,
Stace
P.S. I'm looking forward to your next post in which I hope you explain what "porcupines" are! I am hoping it's not the obvious--or you Albertans have some really bizarre taste buds! teehee ;P

Michele said...

Porcupines are meatballs with rice in them that you cook in a mixture of tomato juice, canned tomatoes and spices. Yummy!!!

Stacey said...

Mmmm recipe please!